Hello friends and welcome back! Since blogging is still pretty new to me I have been looking for ways to motivate myself to write. Although I am pretty active on instagram, posting photos and sharing moments with you in my Stories, blogging is different. You need to decide for a topic, sit down and start writing something interesting from scratch. Or at least hope that people will find it interesting.
In order to get used to writing about random topics, I decided to do a 30-day writing challenge which I stumbled upon online. Starting today for the next 30 days, I will write about a different topic every day.
So let’s jump right into it!
Five ways to win my heart
This was the first point listed in the 30-day challenge. I am a hopeless romantic and have very clear ideas of what I look for in a man and a relationship. Love and relationships are topics I love to chat about with my friends (as a matter of fact, it’s my favorite!) so it didn’t take me long to write down five things that make my heart melt. Do you identify yourself with the following points?
- Take me on dates.By this I don’t mean: invite me to fancy dinners and pay for me. ALWAYS! No. I am asking you for your time. Time is the most precious thing one can give to someone, so if a man is truly interested in and wants to get to know me, going on dates where we can talk in private without any distractions is so valuable. It takes courage to ask someone on a date, you make an effort and make clear that you want to see me again. You will have to think about a date activity – it doesn’t matter to me what it is in the end, be it a dinner, a walk in the park, …. An important point though is that this doesn’t stop once we’re in a relationship. I like going out with you every once in a while in order to be present in this world as a couple.
- Hold my hand in public.This is a big one. Basically all forms of PDA (public display of affection). They matter to me and let me know that you’re not afraid to show me off as your girlfriend in public. It lets me know that you are proud of me and the fact that I am at your side.
- Make me laugh.I’m a person who loves to laugh. I love to tease and make sarcastic jokes – if you have a good sense of humor and know how to capture a room’s attention I will find that highly attractive and will want to spend more time with you. You will be my absolute hero if you watch Friends with me… or even better, if you are as funny as Chandler Bing.
- You are curious.Nothing more boring than a person who has no interest in learning and trying new things! A man who’s going to do the same dull stuff everyday, go to work, maybe gym, go home, sleep, repeat, will not do it for me. I love life and want to make as many experiences as possible while I have the time. I will need you to be my partner, a person to say „Hell yeah let’s do it!“ and to suggest new activities we could try. This doesn’t have to be on a daily basis though as that would only be exhausting, but at least every other month I want to do something I have never done before!
- Listen to and remember things I say.Don’t fiddle with your phone when I tell you something that I find interesting. Look at me when we have a conversation and give me your undivided attention. Act respectful towards me because this is how I will act towards you, too. If I find myself having a thing for you, I will listen to your thoughts and ideas, fears and worries with the greatest attention and will remember the smallest things you tell me, because you matter to me. I want to be treated with the same thoughtfulness.
Lots of love,